The Mets looked sharp out of the gate, led by an awesome one earned-run outing by knuckleballer, R.A. Dickey. However, the Yankees didn’t let their cross-town “rival” bask in glory for too long. The Bombers scored a total of sixteen runs between game two and three–even smacking around the previously un-scored-upon Pedro Beato. Considering Beato had a few not-so-kind words to say about the Yankees before the game, it only seemed fitting. The Mets have now sunk to two games below .500.
METS GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS (Mets Win, 2-1):
- R.A. Dickey pitched six innings, giving-up four hits, one earned-runs, three walks, while striking-out six batters. It was juts his second win in 2011.
- Dan Murphy’s sole hit of the night was the game-changing run–a solo shot. It was his fourth of the season.
- Carlos Beltran drew two walks, and poked a single.
- Fernando Martinez, who was DHing, contributed a in-the-gap double.
- Justin Turner keeps on impressive. The fire-headed infielder smacked two doubles, and contributed one of the game’s two RBI.
- Mike O’Connor, Jason Isringhausen, and Francisco Rodriguez combined for three scoreless innings, including zero hits, zero earned-runs, zero walks, and five strikeouts. It was Rodriguez’s fifteenth save in 2011.
METS GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS (Yankees Win, 7-3):
- Chris Capuano pitched 5.3 innings, giving-up six hits, six earned-runs, zero walks, and five strikeouts.
- Pedro Beato continued his scoreless streak (of course) with 1.6 blank innings.
- Justin Turner’s RBI-single put his RBI-streak at seven consecutive games.
- Jose Reyes went 3-5 with two runs-scored, a double, and his seventeenth stolen-base of 2011.
METS GAME 3 HIGHLIGHTS (Yankees Win, 9-3):
- Mike Pelfrey pitched six innings, giving-up eight hits, five earned-runs, two walks, and struck-out four batters. It was his fourth loss.
- Pedro Beato surrendered two earned-runs in just one-third of an inning. They were his first two earned-runs of the season.
- Jason Bay went 2-4 with a run-scored. The left-fielder has posted a .280/.375/.320 line over his past 33 plate appearances.
- Fernando Martinez chipped-in two hits, and a run-scored.
- Willie Harris, who got the nod at third-base, went 3-4 with a RBI and run-scored.
- Jason Pridie knocked-in a RBI and stole his fourth base of 2011.
Topics: Ben Berkon, Big Pelf, Fernando Martinez, Ivan Nova, Jason Bay, Jason Pridie, Mets, Mets Game 3 Highlights, Mets Game 3 Recap, Mets Game Highlights, Mets Game Recap, Mets Highlights, Mets Recap, Mets Series Highlights, Mets Series Recap, Mets Yankees, Mets Yankees Game 3 Highlights, Mets Yankees Game 3 Recap, Mets Yankees Game Highlights, Mets Yankees Game Recap, Mets Yankees Highlights, Mets Yankees Recap, Mike Pelfrey, New York, New York Mets, New York Mets Game 3 Highlights, New York Mets Game 3 Recap, New York Mets Game Highlights, New York Mets Game Recap, New York Mets Highlights, New York Mets New York Yankees, New York Mets New York Yankees Game 3 Highlights, New York Mets New York Yankees Game 3 Recap, New York Mets New York Yankees Game Highlights, New York Mets New York Yankees Game Recpa, New York Mets New York Yankees Highlights, New York Mets New York Yankees Recap, New York Mets Recap, New York Mets Series Highlights, New York Mets Series Recap, New York Yankees, Nova, Pedro Beato, Pelf, Pelfrey, Rising Apple, Subway Series, Subway Series Highlights, Subway Series Recap, Willie Harris, Yankees, Yanks