Dillon Gee lost his pinpoint command towards the end, but it didn’t prevent him from shutting-out the Nationals over 7.6 innings. Gee only surrendered two hits and three walks, while striking-out three batters. The youngster also took him his third win of the season. Livan Hernandez too pitched a great game, but Justin Turner’s RBI-single was enough offense to carry the Mets to victory. The Mets are now 21-22, just one game below the .500 clip.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dillon Gee notched his third win in 2011 behind a sterling 7.6 inning/three-hit shut-out. Gee gave-up just two hits and three walks, while striking-out three batters. The righty lowered his ERA to 3.44.
- Jason Bay’s bat came alive, smacking three hits, including his fourth double of the season.
- Justin Turner drew a walk and knocked-in the game’s only RBI with a single in the fourth inning.
- Ruben Tejada, who was just called up the other day, went 2-3. It was his ninth multi-hit game in his Major League career.
- The Mets bullpen combined for 1.3 scoreless innings, including a key out by Tim Byrdak, and Francisco Rodriguez’s fourteenth save.
Topics: Bay, Ben Berkon, Francisco Rodriguez, Jason Bay, Jon Niese, Justin Turner, Livan, Livan Hernandez, Mets, Mets Game 2 Highlights, Mets Game 2 Recap, Mets Game Highlights, Mets Game Recap, Mets Highlights, Mets Nationals, Mets Nationals Game 2 Highlights, Mets Nationals Game 2 Recap, Mets Nationals Game Highlights, Mets Nationals Game Recap, Mets Nationals Highlights, Mets Nationals Recap, Mets Recap, Mets Series Highlights, Mets Series Recap, New York, New York Mets, New York Mets Game 2 Highlights, New York Mets Game 2 Recap, New York Mets Game Highlights, New York Mets Game Recap, New York Mets Highlights, New York Mets Recap, New York Mets Series Highlights, New York Mets Series Recap, Niese, Rising Apple, Ruben Tejada, Tejada, Tim Byrdak, Turner