The crumby weather was the most noticeable theme of the week, but the Mets stealing two from Rockies–after getting swept in four games in April–was the biggest take-away. Mets pitchers Chris Capuano and Mike Pelfrey both pitched well in their respective outings, and Jon Niese came away with the win despite a five earned-run performance. The bats really woke up in the series finale, including an outstanding performance by Carlos Beltran (three two-run home-runs). To say at least, the Mets look like a completely different team than the last time they faced the Rockies.
METS GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS (Rockies Win, 2-1):
- Chris Capuano pitched 6.6 innings, allowing five hits, two earned-runs, three walks, while striking out four batters.
- Carlos Beltran went 0-2, but drew two walks, and scored a run.
- Ike Davis was the only Met to record a hit off Chacin, and did so twice.
- Jason Bay drew a walk, and also knocked in the only RBI of the game.
- Jason Pridie took two walks from the wild, but unhittable Chacin.
- Taylor Buchholtz threw a scoreless inning, lowering his seasonal ERA to 1.45.
METS GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS (Mets Win, 4-3):
- Jose Reyes went 1-4 with his twelve double of the season, and a run-scored.
- Dan Murphy smacked two singles, and scored a run.
- Ike Davis went 1-2 with two RBI before apparently straining his calf while knocking into David Wright on a pop-up. He is now on the disabled list.
- Ronny Paulino continued his terror by going 1-3 with a walk, and run-scored.
- Mike Pelfrey won his third game of the season behind a solid 6.6 innings, giving up six hits, three earned-runs, one walk, and two strikeouts. The pitcher also helped himself out with a two-RBI double.
METS GAME 3 HIGHLIGHTS (Mets Win, 9-5):
- Carlos Beltran went 3-5 with three two-run home-runs. That’s six RBI and three runs-scored, folks.
- Jose Reyes knocked in the other two RBI with a single. He was also caught stealing.
- Jason Bay stole two bases off a single.
- Jon Niese pitched 6.3 innings, giving-up seven hits, five earned-runs, two walks, while striking out three. He was awarded the win, though he barely deserved it.
Tags: Ben Berkon Big Pelf Capuano Carlos Beltran Chris Capuano Ike Ike Davis Ike Davis Injury Jon Niese Mets Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Rockies Mets Rockies Game Highlights Mets Rockies Game Recap Mets Rockies Highlights Mets Rockies Recap Mets Rockies Series Highlights Mets Rockies Series Recap Mets Series Highlights Mets Series Recap Mike Pelfrey New York New York Mets New York Mets Colorado Rockies New York Mets Colorado Rockies Game Highlights New York Mets Colorado Rockies Game Recap New York Mets Colorado Rockies Highlights New York Mets Colorado Rockies Recap New York Mets Colorado Rockies Series Highlights New York Mets Colorado Rockies Series Recap New York Mets Game Highlights New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights New York Mets Recap New York Mets Series Highlights New York Mets Series Recap Niese Pelf Pelfrey Rising Apple