Rising Apple analyzed and uncovered a plethora of great New York Mets-related material last week. In case you missed it, enjoy a condensed round-up of all the hard work from writers Ben Berkon, Matt Kaufman, Aaron Leibowitz, Michael Rosenbloom, and Rob Bonanni.
Injuries, Recaps, News
- Despite the nice wins against the Dodgers, the Mets week was overwhelmed with bad luck, featuring injuries to stud-reliever Pedro Beato, starter Chris Young, and top prospect Jenrry Mejia.
- While the Major League club has been lackluster so far, St. Lucie has been turning some heads.
- The news surrounding Osama’s death was enough to make Mets/Phillies fans agree on something—however, Robert Bonnani believes the Mets broadcast dropped the ball by not televising the National Anthem.
- The Mets series’ against the Phillies and Giants were less-than-stellar, but New York thankfully faired better against their West Coast contemporaries. Berkon also chatted with Ezekiel Escobar about the Giants and Kenny Shulsen about the Dodgers.
A Deeper Look
- Jose Reyes is arguably the most dynamic player in baseball, so Rosenbloom points out that it’s no wonder teams like the San Francisco Giants have interest. Also, while Francisco Rodriguez might make you reach for the Rolaids, Leibowitz expects him to be made available too.
- Amidst the swirling “fire sale” rumors surrounding the Mets, Berkon offers advice for fans looking to buy Mets jerseys.
- Now a month into the season, it’s only fair to start judging the new guys, as well as the old.
- Considering Mike Pelfrey has been mostly atrocious in 2011, Kaufman entertains the idea of a minor league demotion.
- Dillon Gee is not alone in the sea of Mets starters-turned-relievers, Aaron Leibowitz writes.
- Leibowitz breaks-down all the catchers the Mets have used since the “golden” Mike Piazza era.
- Berkon claims that Ike Davis should buy Jason Bay a Mercedes for his newfound, and extremely helpful lineup protection.
- With Jenrry Mejia out for the season and more, Kaufman took a closer look at some of the Mets other exciting prospects like Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Jeurys Familia. Rob Bonnani offered his two cents on Matt Harvey and pointed out that Ruben Tejada is showing some improvement with the bat.
- As well as the Mets played in the Dodgers series, Leibowitz still think the Mets need a new approach with runners in scoring position.
Topics: Aaron Leibowitz, Ben Berkon, Catchers, Chris Young, Dillon Gee, Dodgers, Giants, Ike Davis, Jason Bay, Jenrry Mejia, Jeurys Familia, Jose Reyes, Jose Reyes Giants, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Los Angeles, Matt Harvey, Matt Kaufman, Mercedes, Mets, Mets Catchers, Mets Jerseys, Mets Merchandise, Mets Top Prospects, Michael Rosenbloom, Mike Pelfrey, Mike Piazza, Minor Leagues, New York, New York Mets, New York Mets Jerseys, New York Mets Merchandise, Osama, Osama Bin Laden, Pedro Beato, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Phillies, Phillies, Reyes, Reyes Giants, Rising Apple, Rising Apple Weekly Roundup, Robert Bonanni, Roundup, Ruben Tejada, San Francisco, San Francisco Giants, San Francisco Giants Jose Reyes, San Francisco Giants Reyes, Scoring Position, SNY, St. Lucie, Weekly Roundup