The Mets and Dodgers were evenly matched in terms of upper management drama, but the Mets bested the Dodgers on the field. The Mets starting pitching was mediocre throughout the series, but the bats carried the team. Jose Reyes collected three triples, Jason Pridie had two game-changing hits (including a three-run home-run), and David Wright drew four walks. The New York Mets, now 15-19, will go into their next series against the Colorado Rockies with a lot of confidence.
METS GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS (Mets Win, 6-3):
- Jon Niese didn’t pitch particularly well, hurling 5.6 innings, while giving-up 7 hits, 3 earned-runs, 3 walks, and striking out 5 batters. He did not factor into the decision.
- Jose Reyes went 3-4 with a walk, double, two triples, two runs-scored, and stolen-base.
- Carlos Beltran went 1-2 with a walk, double, and his eighteenth RBI of the season.
- Jason Bay dusted off the disabled list rust, going 2-4 with a RBI.
- Jason Pridie, who is still filling-in for Angel Pagan, smacked a surprising three-run home-run.
- Ryota Igarashi got the vulture win.
- Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning, and notched his eighth save.
METS GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS (Mets Win, 4-2):
- Jose Reyes went 2-5 with a RBI, and was caught stealing for the first time this season.
- David Wright went 1-3 with a double, and walk.
- Jason Pridie went a perfect 3-3 with a double, and two runs-scored.
- Dillon Gee pitched 5.3 innings, giving-up seven hits, two earned-runs, and three walks, while striking out three batters.
- Francisco Rodriguez struck-out two and notched his ninth save.
METS GAME 3 HIGHLIGHTS (Dodgers Win, 4-2):
- R.A. Dickey hurled 7 innings, giving-up 10 hits, 3 earned-runs, 2 walks, and striking out 3. he was saddled with his fourth loss.
- Mike O’Connor relieved 2 stellar innings of no-hit/no-run ball, while striking out 2 batters.
- Jose Reyes went 2-5, with a RBI triple in the bottom of the ninth.
- Justin Turner went 1-3 with a walk, and his first stolen base of 2011.
- David Wright didn’t record a hit, but did draw two walks.
- Ronny Paulino went 2-4 with a RBI-single.
- Scott Hairston went 2-3 with two singles.
- Dan Murphy has a pinch-hit single the ninth, and scored on Reyes’ triple.
Tags: Ben Berkon David Wright Dodgers Dodgers Highlights Dodgers Recap Dodgers Series Highlights Dodgers Series Recap Francisco Rodriguez Jason Pridie Los Angeles Los Angeles Dodgers Mets Mets Dodgers Mets Dodgers Highlights Mets Dodgers Recap Mets Dodgers Series Highlights Mets Dodgers Series Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Highlights Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Los Angeles Dodgers New York Mets Los Angeles Dodgers Highlights New York Mets Los Angeles Dodgers Recap New York Mets Los Angeles Dodgers Series Highlights New York Mets Los Angeles Dodgers Series Recap Rising Apple