Rising Apple analyzed and uncovered a plethora of great New York Mets-related material last week. In case you missed it, enjoy a condensed round-up of all the hard work from writers Ben Berkon, Matt Kaufman, and Aaron Leibowitz.
Injuries, Recaps, News
- The Mets took two games from the Washington Nationals and won the series finale against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Berkon chatted with Justin Klugh, the lead Phillies blogger of That Balls Outta Here, about this, that, and the other.
A Deeper Look
- You might be digging yourself in a hole if you claim a player being paid $119 million is underrated, but Kaufman made that point about Carlos Beltran.
- Beating up on the Astros and the Nationals is dandy, but Kaufman asserts that the true sign of greatness would be beating one (or two) of the Phillies’ aces.
- Chris Capuano was signed to be a starter and has been one for his entire career, but Berkon thinks his place should be in the Mets bullpen.
- The Mets made the surprising move to keep Dillon Gee in the majors as a reliever, so Leibowitz took a look back at other past Mets starters who were forced to pitch out of the ‘pen.
- With Mike Pelfrey struggling yet again, Kaufman questioned whether he deserved a major league roster spot.
Topics: Ben Berkon, Capuano Bullpen, Carlos Beltran Underrated, Chris Capuano Bullpen, Dillon Gee Bullpen, Gee Bullpen, Mets, Mike Pelfrey Demoted, New York, New York Mets, Pelfrey Demoted, Rising Apple, Roundup, Weekly Roundup