Chris Young pitched a scoreless seven-inning gem–and four extra inning later, the Mets came away with the win. Carlos Beltran and Ronny Paulino were responsible for the two base-knocks, however Paulino had the more impressive game of the two heroes, going 5-7 on the day. On the pitching side, Pedro Beato blanked the Phillies for three innings, giving up two hits, and striking out two batters. The Phillies still win the series, but no one expected otherwise.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jose Reyes went 2-6, with a walk, double, and two stolen bases.
- David Wright went 3-6 with a walk, and two runs scored.
- Ronny Paulino had a monster day, going 5-7 with a double, and one of the game’s two RBI.
- Chris Young shutout the Phillies over seven innings, giving up just two hits, three walks, while striking out seven batters.
- Pedro Beato pitched three scoreless innings, and he (of course) still remains un-scored upon this season.
- Taylor Buchholz got the win in the eleventh inning, pitching two scoreless innings.
Topics: Ben Berkon, Chris Young, Cliff Lee, David Wright, Game 3 Recap, Mets, Mets Highlights, Mets Phillies, Mets Phillies Game Highlights, Mets Phillies Game Recap, Mets Phillies Highlights, Mets Phillies Recap, Mets Phils, Mets Phils Game Highlights, Mets Phils Game Recap, Mets Phils Highlights, Mets Phils Recap, Mets Recap, New York, New York Mets, New York Mets Highlights, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies Game Highights, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies Game Highlights, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies Game Recap, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies Highlights, New York Mets Philadelphia Philies Recap, New York Mets Recap, Pedro Beato, Rising Apple, Ronny Paulino, Taylor Buchholtz