The Mets looked like the Phillies’ equal until the fourth inning. Then the flood gates opened. Starter Mike Pelfrey allowed eight hits, four earned-runs, and one walk in 4.3 innings, while striking out three batters.
The bullpen didn’t stop the bleeding either. Dillon Gee and Ryota Igarashi combined for 2.3 innings of work, and surrendered two hits, six earned-runs, and five walks.
Ike Davis’ and Jason Pridie’s late-inning home-runs were the only runs of the evening for the Mets, as youngster Vance Worley pitched a six-inning shutout. The New York Mets are now 11-15.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Pelfrey pitched 4.3 innings, giving up four earned-runs on eight hits, one walk, and three strikeouts.
- Ike Davis smacked his fifth home-run of the season.
- Jason Pridie hit his second home-run since being called up from Triple-A last week.
- Josh Thole recorded three walks.
- Tim Byrdak pitched 1.3 scoreless innings, striking out two batters.
Tags: Ben Berkon Big Pelf Mets Mets Game Recap Mets Phillies Mets Phillies Game Highlights Mets Phillies Game Recap Mets Recap Mike Pelfrey New York New York Mets New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies Game Highlights New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies Game Recap New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies Highlights New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies Recap Pelf Rising Apple Vance Worley