The Mets just keep on winning (something I never thought I’d type this season). Chris Young looked a little rusty in his first start back from the disabled list, but the Mets offense carried the team. Dan Murphy, Jason Bay, Ike Davis, and Josh Thole were the main contributors, each chipping in with a double, RBI, or run scored.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dan Murphy went 2-4 with a double, and run scored.
- Jason Bay went 2-4 with two runs scored.
- Ike Davis continued his offensive burst with a three-hit day, including his seventh double. He also had two runs scored.
- Josh Thole [hopefully] broke-out of his slump, smacking a three-RBI double.
- Chris Young returned from the disabled list, and pitched 4.6 innings, while surrendering four hits, three earned-runs, two walks, and three strike-outs. If he had pitched just .3 innings more, he would have recorded the win (Ryota Igarashi got the vulture win).
- Taylor Buchholz lowered his ERA to 1.38 with two scoreless innings. He also struck-out two batters.
- Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning and notched his fifth save of the season.
Tags: Ben Berkon Chris R. Young Chris Young Ike Davis Jason Bay Josh Thole Mets Mets Highlights Mets Nationals Mets Nationals Highlights Mets Nationals Recap Mets Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Highlights New York Mets Recap New York Mets Washington Nationals New York Mets Washington Nationals Highlights New York Mets Washington Nationals Recap Rising Apple