The Mets looked sharp again against the Diamondbacks, winning their third game in a row. Jon Niese kept the damage to a minimum, pitching seven innings, allowed six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, and striking out three. David Wright provided most of the offense, connecting two a run-run home-run in the first inning, and solo shot in the fourth. Jason Pridie, who was called up to take Angel Pagan’s spot on the roster, hit a three-run home-run to right field. The win improved the Mets record to 9-13 on the season.
- Jon Niese won his first game of the season, pitching seven innings, allowed six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, and striking out three.
- David Wright hit two home-runs, knocked in three RBI, scored three runs, and stole a base.
- Carlos Beltran went 2-4 with a double, walk, and two runs scored.
- Jason Bay went 1-3 with two walks.
- Ike Davis continued his hot streak, going 2-3 with a double, RBI, run scored, an two walks. Could this be attributed to the return of Bay?
- Jason Pridie, who was just called up from Triple-A on Friday, hit a three-run home-run.
Topics: Armando Galarraga, Ben Berkon, David Wright, Highlights, Ike Davis, Jason Bay, Jason Pridie, Jon Niese, Mets, Mets Dback Recap, Mets Diamondbacks Recap, Mets Recap, New York, New York Mets, New York Mets Arizona Diamondbacks Recap, New York Mets Recap, Rising Apple