The New York Mets won their second game in a row against the Arizona Diamondbacks, winning 6-4. Dillon Gee pitched his second stellar game, lasting six innings, giving up five hits, two earned-runs, one walk, and five strikeouts. Gee had plenty of run support, including Jason Bay’s first home-run of the season., and Ike Davis’ fourth. The Mets have now improved their record to 8-13.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dillon Gee pitched six innings, giving up five hits, two earned-runs, one walk, and five strikeouts. It was his second win of the season.
- Pedro Beato pitched another scoreless inning. He has still yet to allow an earned-run in 2011.
- Francisco Rodriguez notched his fourth save.
- Jose Reyes went 2-4, with a walk, and two runs scored.
- Dan Murphy went 2-5 with two RBI.
- David Wright stole his fourth base of the season.
- Jason Bay smacked his first home-run of the season, and went 2-4 with three RBI, and a run scored.
- Justin Turner hit a pinch-hit double. He also scored a run.