Everything clicked for the Mets in Game 1. Mike Pelfrey finally emerged from his “slump,” hurling seven innings, giving up five hits, one earned-runs, two walks, and four strikeouts. The Mets offense supported Pelf’s performance, thanks to a two-run home-run by Ike Davis and Carlos Beltran RBI-single.
OTHER METS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Pelfrey won his first game of the season. He pitched seven innings, giving up five hits, one earned-run, two walks, and four strikeouts.
- Francisco Rodriguez saved his third game of the season with a scoreless inning, one walk, and two strikeouts.
- Jason Isringhausen lowered his ERA to 1.93 with a scoreless inning.
- David Wright drew two walks, scored a run, and stole his third base of the year.
- Jason Bay went 1-4 with a double.
- Carlos Beltran recorded a RBI-single and a walk.
- Ike Davis hit a two-run home-run, his third of the season.