Rising Apple analyzed and uncovered a plethora of great New York Mets-related material last week. In case you missed it, enjoy a condensed round-up of all the hard work from writers Ben Berkon, Matt Kaufman, and Aaron Leibowitz.
Injuries, Recaps, News
- This week, there were injuries to minor leauger Boof Bonser, starter Chris Young, and former Met and current Yankee Pedro Feliciano.
- Despite not playing at all in 2010, former Blue Jay and Met great Carlos Delgado officially called it quits.
- Hold the presses. Francisco Rodriguez is now on Twitter.
- Berkon wrote in-depth recaps of both the Colorado Rockies series, and the Atlanta Braves series.
- Kaufman pointed out that the Mets were incapable of holding lead against the Rockies, and even though mistakes happen, Leibowitz felt that excuse doesn’t cut it for the Mets. To the Mets credit, it was a good decision to use Dillon Gee to stop the bleeding.
A Deeper Look
- Dan Murphy has been getting a lot of playing time as of late, and Berkon questioned if he was truly a bench player.
- Upon hearing about Bay’s even further arrival date, Kaufman listed any and all potential long-term replacements for the injured slugger. He also wrote why the Mets desperately need Bay back.
- Amidst the many Mets shortcomings so far in 2011, Berkon pointed out that lefty specialist Tim Byrdak is giving up too many big hits to his own kind.
- In honor of Jason Isringhausen’s second Mets debut, Kaufman took a look back at other Mets who came back for a second round of orange and blue.