The Mets continued their losing streak (now at three games) by dropping the first game of the series to the Washington Nationals, 6-2. R.A. Dickey, who couldn’t keep Nationals hitters off-base or off-balance, was saddled with the loss–his first of the season. His final line was 5 innings, 6 hits, 3 earned-runs, 5 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Jordan Zimmermann, on the other hand, pitched 5.3 innings of 6-hit, 2 earned-run ball, while walking 0 batters and striking out 4. The young righty lowered his ERA to 3.18 with the performance.
Other Mets Highlights:
- Josh Thole went 2-3, with a walk, and run scored
- Lucas Duda had a pinch-hit RBI-double
- Both David Wright and Carlos Beltran contributed with doubles
- D.J. Carrasco pitched 2 scoreless innings in relief of Dickey
- Ike Davis RBI-sacrifice fly
Chris Capuano and the Mets will take on left-handed pitcher Tom Gorzelanny today at 7:10 PM.