A little late to the party here (I promise I am no Grinch) but Site5 (our network’s hosting comapany which does an awesome job maintaining the site) and FanSided have decided to team up for a little charity effort this Holiday season. Our goal will be to take in $5,000 for the Boys and Girls Club of America, a worth organization in need of any assistance you can give it during this time of need for so many. Please. A dollar here, twenty there can make a huge difference in a young person’s life and brighten their spirits during this festive time of year.
If you would like to donate, please do so here. Remember, the charitable donations go the Boys and Girls Club of America. Here is their mission statement:
- To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens
These are it’s Core Beliefs:
A safe place to learn and grow…
Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals…
Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
Hope and opportunity.
Now a few things strictly Mets-related that I am thankful for this Holiday season:
- It is no longer 2010
- Omar Minaya is nowhere to be found
- Jerry Manuel is nowhere to be found
- Respect has been restored to the Mets front office
- Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo are less than 12 months from coming off the Mets books forever
- Terry Collins is gonna be a whole lot of “fun” to cover in 2011
- Jeff Wilpon no longer has puppets to play with on his Spoiled Son string
2011 is almost upon us and with a new year comes new expectations. Considering the roaring start the Mets have gotten off to this Hot Stove season, I’d temper my expectations a bit if I were you.